Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Visiting Kyle

17 months.  My boys would be 17 months old today.  As I prepare to try to take Jack's picture next to Mr. Bear and Jack Jr. and steady myself to wrestle him to stand against the wall so I can do his height measurement I can't help but think I should be wrestling two little guys.  It makes me sad that my growth chart starts at 24 inches which means I cannot even put Kyle's final height on the chart.

Who is Mr. Bear?  After Jack and Kyle were born I arrived home from the hospital to find a box from Vermont Teddy Bear waiting for me.  Inside were two brown bears.  One had Kyle's name embroidered on it and the other Jack's.  They also came with two yellow blankets.  Their Grandpa had sent them for the boys.  When Jack turned one month old I took a picture of him next to Mr. Bear (as he came to be known).  And every month there after I took a picture of him with Mr. Bear (and later Jack Jr.).  I had always planned to have one stuffed animal that I would tkae regular pictures of the boys with.  When Mr. Bear arrived he seemed a natural for the job.


Who is Jack Jr.?  Jack was born at 2 pounds and 12 inches.  I noticed that over time I began to lose touch with just how small 12 inches is and Jack grew bigger and bigger.  I had a thought one day that I would go to the store and find a 12 inche baby doll, how hard could it be, right?  Turns out it was a little harder than I thought.  There really aren't a lot of 12 inch baby dolls out there.  Then I found Jack Jr. and he was perfect.

The height chart - When I was pregnant with the boys I couldn't decided if I should do one baby book, or seperate baby books for each of them.  Once Jack's water broke, I knew I didn't have much time to decide.  I wanted to get a baby book picked out and ordered so I could have it.  I finally found the perfect books at Twins Magazine.  My mom ordered the book for me.  Along with it came a special growth chart for twins.  When the time came for Jack to start his measurements I knew in my heart I had to use this groth chart.  Afterall he is a twin, even if we cannot have Kyle with us.

Not a very good picture, but until I can take one, this is the best I could find online.

Here is Kyle's new pinwheel all assembled.  Imagine my surprise when it actually spun!  Not bad for my first one.  I will put the offer out there - if you would like one for your baby, please contact me.  I would love to make one for you with pictures that are special to you.  I am hoping that if word gets out, maybe this can be my special thing I do for mommies with angel babies.



No comments:

Post a Comment