Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Big changes to come

As I was driving to work this morning it stuck me that I am (perhaps) a bit insane. Yeah, so it's not really news, but here's what I mean. By the end of the year (hopefully November or December) I will be having bariatric surgery. I have decided - for reasons I will discuss later - that having gastric banding is the best option for me.

But before that happens, I will start grad school. What am I doing? I just finished my BS degree program. Ironic that it's a BS degree and my major is psychology. Yes, the main reason I am jumping into my masters program so soon is because I cannot afford to pay back my student loans at this point, but should that be a reason? Then again if I put it off for a few months or even a year would I just find excuses not to go. If I don't get my masters, I will likely never use my education in any form of employment and I can't do that. I would feel like such a failure and I've failed at a lot. I want to work in the field of psychology. I have plans (as I listed in my application essay) to do good and help people. But still grad school, bariatric surgery, a full-time job and a toddler - - Anyone know where I can get an extra set of hands?

No comments:

Post a Comment