Monday, August 16, 2010

You named your blog what?

Long before I was pregnant I had decided that the name(s) of my future child(ren) would be revealed to no one until such time as I had a little to present along with the name. Why you ask?

**Please, tell us why!**

Thank you. Because people have a tendency to offer opinions on topics for which they have no business doing so. I may never choose to name my daughter after a sinful fruit, or give my son the idea that he is royalty as other Gwens have chosen to do, but you know what, that's probably the reason they didn't call me for my advice. That and the fact that they have no idea who this Gwen is.

So, you want to know why I called my blog 23 Days at a Time? It's nothing dramatic or as simple as "Gwen's blog" was taken. It's sentimental. And it reminds me that if my hero had the strength to make it 23 days, then I should at least have the strength to make it 23 days at a time. If I cannot imagine making it 5 years, 1 year, or even 1 month, then maybe I need to stop and break it down to 23 days.

As I get ready to take on one of the biggest challenges of my life - I'll explain in a later post - I have decided to take things 23 days at a time. I can at least do that - - - Right?!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment