Thursday, October 14, 2010

I'm game, why not give it a shot - Show & Tell



I have been out here reading blogs for a while.  Slowly I had the desire to do my own.  Now I am getting more involved with other's blogs.  So this week I decided to participate in Not a Fertile Myrtle's Show & Tell blog.

My Show & Tell is a picture of the driver's side visor in my truck (yes, I drive the truck in the family - hehe).  This is where I have small reminders of Kyle.  The car has always been one of my favorite places to be.  The drive home is when I often do most of my thinking.  It's quite and I don't have to make useless chatter with anyone.  I can cry, scream, sing, or just be in silence without someone asking, "What's wrong?"  I have tons of pictures up in my office of Jack and Kyle and I have pictures and mementos of Kyle up at home, and of course Jack to remind me that they were twins, but the mementos in my car are precious to me.


One soft, baby blue sock


A rosary bracelet I got during my work trip to St. Louis.  I went to visit the Cathedral Basilica of Saint Louis.  If you have never seen it and you find yourself in St. Louis, go.  It is magnificent.  I am more spiritual that religious and still I found it breathtaking.  Find someone to give you a tour.  There is so much history and so many stories to be heard.  If you can't go, do the online tour.

File:Cathedral-basilica-of-saint-louis.jpg

File:Cathedral Basilica of St. Louis.JPG
In 1912, installation of mosaics in the interior began. Completed in 1988, the mosaics collectively contain 41.5 million glass tesserae pieces in more than 7,000 colors. Covering 83,000 square feet, it is one of the largest mosaic collections in the world


5 comments:

  1. Visiting from Show and Tell. Thank you for sharing your so personal momentos of your son. They are beautiful.

    Also, the pics of the Basilica are gorgeous. You know, I live in St. Louis (actually about 30 miles south of it) and I've never been to visit it. Looks like it would be a good day trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What precious memories. Thank you for sharing such a personal Show and Tell. I keep things that were my father's like his business card and an ink pen. Those small things are such a comfort.

    Hoping you find comfort in your treasured memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful, moving post. Thank you for sharing, and I am so very sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful post and on the most fitting of days. I am so very sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing your treasured mementos of your precious son.

    ReplyDelete