Thursday, October 7, 2010

still life 365 September 10 Questions

I've had this in my drafts forever.  I finally finished it. . .

From still life 365:

Once a month, still life 365 poses ten questions to our readers around the monthly theme. You can choose to answer one, or all ten, or any number in between. You can also use a question as a bouncing off point for a blog post. Then come back here and let us know you took the challenge and answered some questions by entering your name and blog into the Mr. Linky below. That way other readers of still life 365 can connect with your blog and you can connect with their blog. It is kind of a blog circus. Hopefully without the clowns. {{{shivers}}} If you don't have a blog, no worries, leave your question answers in the comment section. And don't forget to go check out the other blogs on this list, leave a comment.

Here are the questions for this month's Ten Questions:

1. When you saw the theme of trees for the month of September, what immediately came to your mind?Trees in September/fall are my favorite.  I just love the way the air smells, the crunch of the leaves under you feet and all the beautiful colors to be seen.  It is ironic that when I did Kyle's pin wheel for September I included a picture of a tree.  I wanted to show that Kyle may rest there, but he's rooted with his family and his twin brother.

2. What kinds of words do you associate with trees?Leafy.  Green.  Birdy homes.  Yellow.  Red.  Orange.  Beautiful.  Life.  Strong.

3. Of these words, do you associate any with yourself?Life would be the one that stands out the most.  I might say strong, but I'm not feeling that particularly today.  I achieved my biggest goal - I created and carried life in my body.  That is something so awesome that I believe is a miracle every time I think about it.

4. Have you been an outdoorsy person throughout your life?Nope, in fact I really don't like the outdoors - except in fall.  And maybe winter.  I don't like summer; it's too hot and there are too many bugs.  I don't care for spring because it's often rainy and too cold here.  I like winter when it snows and everything has a beautiful blanket of white.  But I love fall - the smells, the sights, the sounds - and the temperature is perfect.

5. How has your relationship with nature changed since your loss(es)?I think like a lot of Angel Baby mommies, I look for signs of Kyle everywhere in nature.  Until you lose a child you don't realize just how delicate life and nature are.  Also, because I have Jack I am keenly more aware of how nature is destroyed every day and I fear what will be left or the condition it will be in for him and his children. 

One of the things that just boggles my mind is to look around - anywhere - and think. . .All of this was made by man.  God gave us the earth.  We out roads down to drive more easily over it.  We created glass to put windows in our houses from which we can look out, but not be with, the beauty of nature.  We even "carve" paths through forest and nature preserves so we can observe life in its "natural" state.  Is anything really natural any more?

6. Did you plant a tree or bush in honor of your child?I live in an apartment.  I truly wish I had had a place to plant a tree for both boys.

7. If you have planted a tree for your child, in what ways do you incorporate the tree into your life? If you haven't, what natural images do you associate with your loss? (Do you tend to it? Do you meditate or reflect under it? Do you places flowers by it?)My mother plants flowers at Kyle's resting spot.  They are hard to maintain, but I truly feel it is the least I can do.  I cannot buy him a small toy at the store or a cute new outfit even if he just wears it once.  For Kyle I buy decorations for the month, put out flowers (plant in spring) and make a new pin wheel each month.

8. Trees have also been used to represent families. Talk a bit about your own family tree.I have only done surface research into my family tree, but I am amazed at what I have found.  I also love to think about my relatives and wonder what was their life like?  What was going on in history?  How did they pick the names of their children?

9. What are your feelings now about family trees and exploring your own lineage?After the boys were born I had this strong desire to know more about where I, my parents, my grandparents, etc. came from.  I joined Ancestry.com and have made a lot of progress.  It falls by the wayside every now and then, and then I think about it and continue the search.

10. The rings of trees fascinate me. I remember learning that in hard years, the rings were smaller, or darker than in years of good water. Describe the rings of your tree.
I fear that my tree has more small rings than darker ones.  At the same time I don't think there are as many as I think there are.

No comments:

Post a Comment