Friday, October 15, 2010

Whisper the name of my child to me today

If you have stumbled upon this blog, you are probably like me in that you are the mommy of an Angel Baby.  You than also know that today is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day.  If you have stumbled on this blog and you are not a member of this heart-breaking group, then I encourage you to find out more about Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day.

My sweet baby Kyle was born seconds after his big brother Jack on Wednesday, April 8, 2009, at 4:59 in the evening.  They were a mere 27 weeks and 3 days, and yes the 3 days count.  Jack weighted in at 2 pounds and 12 inches, Kyle was 2 pounds, 6 ounces and 14 inches.  Kyle was the "big" little brother.  He had been so strong for his brother for 7 weeks, ever since Jack's water broke at 20 weeks.  He stayed strong and continued to grow big to bear the weight for his brother.  Except for being early, Kyle was strong and healthy.  He progressed nicely through the days in the NICU, until one awful night when the phone rang.  Less than 24 hours after that my precious baby boy was gone.  23, too short, days later

A little while after Kyle passed I wrote that I felt he had been a special guardian angle sent for Jack.  I wrote that I believed that before they were conceived that God put out a call for a special angel.  Their time on earth would be brief, but he was needed for a special mission.  He would live together with his brother and mommy for 27 weeks and 3 days so that he could keep his brother safe and give him time to get ready to be born.  After they were born, the little angle would get to spend some time with his mommy and brother.  It would not be long, and they would feel like it hadn't been enough time, but he would have to come back home to watch over his big brother from afar.  Kyle was the brave angle who stepped forward that day and took on the mission.  Because of Kyle's strength I have a healthy 18-month-old baby boy, and a beautiful 18-month-old Angel Baby.  Kyle is and will always be my hero.



This picture killed me.  I walked into BRU shortly after Kyle's passing and is took my breath away.  It looks so much like he did in the pictures the nurse took of him after we had to leave him.


My child's name is not a dirty word.
Whisper the name of my child to me today.
I may cry, but I will be know you remember and care.

No comments:

Post a Comment