Sunday, October 24, 2010

30 Posts in 30 Days - Day Twenty-Four

Master List
Day 1 - your favorite song
Day 2 - your favorite movie
Day 3 - your favorite television program
Day 4 - your favorite book
Day 5 - your favorite quote
Day 6 - 20 of your favorite things
Day 7 - a photo that makes you happy
Day 8 - a photo that makes you angry/sad
Day 9 - a photo you took
Day 10 - a photo taken over 10 years ago of you
Day 11 - a photo of you recently
Day 12 - something you are OCD about
Day 13 - a fictional book
Day 14 - a non-fictional book
Day 15 - your dream house
Day 16 - a song that makes you cry (or nearly)
Day 17 - an art piece (drawing, sculpture, painting, etc)
Day 18 - my wedding/future wedding/past wedding
Day 19 - a talent of yours
Day 20 - a hobby of yours
Day 21 - a recipe
Day 22 - a website
Day 23 - a youtube video
Day 24 - where you live
Day 25 - your day, in great detail
Day 26 - your week, in great detail
Day 27 - your worst habit
Day 28 - what's in your handbag/purse
Day 29 - hopes, dreams, and plans for the next 365 days
Day 30 - a dream for the future

Isn't this one kind of personal and not safe for the internet world?  I know there's probably more out there on the internet about me than I can imagine or even want to know.  Oooh, scary thoughts.  How about if I just talk in general about the changes that have taken place over the past 20, or so years?  When I first moved to the town I live in it was a small quite town, the kind of town where nothing happens.  It is still pretty much that way.  It has grown and I am sure there is more crime than most people know about. 

To my knowledge the two worst things that have happened were a murder in the 1980s or 1990s and an attempted murder in the 1990s.  If I recall correctly, the murder occurred when a man broke into a neighbors apartment.  After a while he went back to get some beer and found her home.  He killed her.  I believe he was caught quickly. 

The attempted murder occurred when a gas station employee turned off a car wash and attacked and raped a woman.  He put her in the trunk of her car and parked it.  She managed to survive the attack and escape from the car.  I tried looking on the internet for the stories, but I don't recall much of the details and they did happen some time ago.

In the past 20 years we have gotten an additiona high school, no less than 6 new stop lights a condo building downtown where the grocery store used to be, and more housing developments than I can count.

I have lived in two houses and two apartments since I first moved there.  I have never lived in something that was owned by my family, we have always rented.  I hear the property taxes are quite high, but since I don't own property I cannont honestly say how they compare.

Terrible things have happened to me in this town, but I've moved on from them.  While I have no desire to have my child(ren) go to any school in the district, I do still feel comfortable there.  It is a town I know.  Some day I will move and get to know a new town, but for now I have lived here almost all my life and I call it home

No comments:

Post a Comment