Monday, November 8, 2010

Not everyone loves a Monday, but everyone loves _____

Not everyone loves a Monday, but everyone loves Shrinky Dinks!

Seriously, how much fun were these when we were kids?  I had forgotten about them until something dusted off the memory from my brain and made em think about them again.  And wouldn't you know it - I saw them in the store the other day!  Shrinky Dinks still exist!!


They have Shrinky Dinks jewelry, insects, aliens, robots, flowers, and so many more!  Check out the original web site or the long list of different Shrinky Dinks available at Amazon.

I remember coloring the special paper with the colored pencils and oh so carefully cutting out the designs.  Then I would beg the nearest adult to bake them in the oven for me.  I don't think I could find one I made if my life depended on it.  But I know there were tons.

Shrinky Dinks were invented in 1973 by Betty Morris and Kathryn Bloomberg of Brookfield, Wisconsin, as a Cub Scout project with their sons.  The first kits were sold at a local shopping mall and became very popular. Shrinky Dinks were soon licensed to be manufactured by the major toy companies of the time such as Milton Bradley, Colorforms, Western Publishing and Skyline Toys.

Did you not love Shrinky Dinks?

No comments:

Post a Comment