Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Today I . . .

I am not so sure that today's "Today I . . ." is about me.  It's more about standing up and deciding to start taking bigger steps and more action to get the word about Kyle's Angels out there.

I am also the chairperson of the Charity Committee at work.  Last year we collected over $700 from less than 40 employees.  Awesome for being such a small company.  That turned into over $1400 with the matching funds from the company.  We were able to do so much good and it truly warmed out hearts.

This year I feel like a complete failure as a chairperson.  We have two donations.  I know times are tough and money is tight.  But with the matching you donation is doubled!  $20 becomes $40!

Anyway this got me to thinking about Kyle's Angels and how I will likely be unable to fulfill the wishes of the NICU staff.  You see last year due to problems with PayPal I covered most of the cost of the donations.  Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining about that.  This year is something different though.  Due to poor money management by someone other than myself I am paying a very large consequence.  Money is tight.  I had accepted that I would be paying for the cost of the Angel Baby Balloon Release out of pocket.  I have maybe enough to cover the cost of the gifts for the individual babies.  But I don't have the money to cover the wish list of the NICU staff.  And I am still hoping a generous pizza place will at least discount pizza for the staff on Christmas, but this too will be paid out of pocket.

So, Today I . . . placed an ad in a local paper to get the word out about Kyle's Angels 2010 wish list.

The Ad:
Please help support babies in the NICU.  Kyle’s Angels desperately needs your help.  We are in need of gently used and new crib music players.  Please check us out at www.KylesAngels.com to find out how to help us.  Knitters and quilters are also desperately needed.

The wish list of the NICU staff:
For Christmas the big suggestions from the girls in the NICU for mobiles and musical items (or even like sound machines--white noise , waves etc.)


So, for anyone reading this who has little ones who no longer need their crib music, would you please consider donating them to Kyle's Angels?  If you cannot help by donating, can you please tell your family and friends and ask them to tell their family and friends?
Also a nurse is taking on the project of making 60 new quilts by next Christmas for the NICU...
Then if there was anything left over $$$$ wise Auntie Karen has an idea I would like to do--our isolette covers and blankets we hang on big cribs are awful looking. I would like to work on making new quilt coverings so if there was any money left I would welcome any kind of a donation for materials toward this project. My goal is 60 new quilts by next Christmas (would like to put them all in circulation at once so the nursery is brighter at the beginning of the year). I will be funding this on my own which is fine with me but if you would like to contribute I would also love that.

No comments:

Post a Comment