Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Today I . . .

Tuesdays posts are going to be about things I have changed, or done to improve something in my life.  For today, Tuesday, November 2, 2010 the change I made was. . .
Today I . . . did not have a Coke with my breakfast.

This may not seem like a big deal to some, but if you have read any of my previous posts you may know that I am planning on having gastric banding surgery by the end of the year.  For this I will not only need to cut out the caffeine from my diet - not a big deal since it's usually only a Coke in the a.m. - but I will need to cut out all soda - much bigger deal.

I love soda.  I love the way the carbonation burns going down your throat on the first sip when you are really thirsty.  There are web sites, blogs and fan sites dedicated to McDonald's Coke. 


I know I should not drink soda.  I know that it is nothing but sugar and calories and yummy, yummy carbonated goodness.  It is for the weight issue, and Type II diabetes that I long ago cut back the amount of soda I drink a day.  I pretty much only had 2 or 3.  But not that my surgery is rapidly approaching I have to cut it all out.  So starting today, no more Coke, Dr. Pepper, or any other carbonated beverage with caffeine.  I'll work on all soda another Tuesday  :-) 




I love Coke, but not sure I would ever take it this far

No comments:

Post a Comment